This video will show you how to maximize laptop battery life on Windows 10. It includes the following:
- Power Modes
- Background Apps
- Battery Saver
- Display Brightness
More about maximizing laptop battery life
Nobody wants to make an urgent rush to a power outlet to save their laptop’s battery, especially if you are doing important work or trying to meet a deadline. Luckily, most modern laptops have power-efficient processors and hardware that extends the screen-time of the device at the cost of computing power – Windows has this feature built into notebooks and mobile PC’s. Ultraportable laptops like the Dell XPS, or Macbook Air can last up to an amazing 14 hours due to their lithium polymer-based(Li-Po for short) batteries. This is also an important reason to take the steps needed to maximize your laptops battery life.
The inconvenient and sad truth is that your laptop’s battery will not last as long as the manufacturer says it will, unless you pay close attention to the guidelines of battery life, adjust your power settings, and monitor how many applications you have running on your computer while it’s on battery.
How to maximize your laptops battery life
There are some minor tweaks that you can use to further extend the life of your laptop battery which are listed below:
- Activate the battery saver mode on your laptop.
- Unplug any unused peripherals from your laptop – they cause the battery life to decrease due to the extra power they’re using even if it’s 5 volts.
- Try and keep your processes down to a minimum – the more processes the computer is running, the hotter the temperatures get and the more battery life gets used. Try and keep temperatures down to a minimum to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
- Don’t ever keep the laptop plugged into the power as it increases the temperature and lessens the power recharge cycles of the battery.
- Turn down the brightness of your screen – this is the best way to improve the life you get out of your battery.
- Turn off unnecessary Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices.
- Use the built-in Windows battery slider to adjust your computer to Battery Saver.
We hope this has helped you to maximize your laptops battery life. If you need any further assistance don’t hesitate to contact us directly via the website or our email address.