OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8070 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (879 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire TC-865
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
I just changed wireless keyboard/mouse combo because old combo started freezing up when typing [mouse was always fine]. It is still happening with the new combo also. According to computer’s device manager my updates are up to date. Any ideas? Thanks.
If the keyboard has illuminated LED warning signs for Num Lock, Caps Lock, or Scroll Lock, try rebooting the pc and see if urgent these keys toggles the indicator on and off. … If the keyboard is working as the computer is booting up, something in Windows is stopping the keyboard from working
Battery landline home phone next to computer but never had problem before with keyboard. Nothing on keyboard to change.
2. All apps
3. Problem began about two weeks ago. Nothing new added except updates,
4. AV answered above.
1) Does the same thing happen in safe mode?
2) Does the problem occur with ALL apps (browser, Notepad, email, etc)?
3) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
4) What do you mean Windows Defender, Disabled? Are you not running an anti virus app?
Any other wireless devices in proximity to the PC ? Is there an option to change the channel on the keyboard?
Something you can try is borrow a Wi-Fi dongle to test if it’s the PC Wi-Fi chip at fault…