This video will show you how to transfer Android/iPhone data via ShareIt. It includes the following:
- ShareIt app
- Data transfer
What is ShareIt?
ShareIt is an app, developed and owned by Smart Media4U Technology. It’s a global tech company based in Singapore. They were originally part of Lenovo when it released, but later on, became a separate company. The app is compatible with Android, PC, Mac, and iOS devices. It allows the user to share files between the devices in a wireless fashion. They have also developed other apps such as PlayIt, CleanIt, and LockIt. Further details are below:
- ShareIt Lite: A similar app that weighs a lot less. It takes up less storage than the original ShareIt app.
- CloneIt: This app can clone your contacts, messages, videos, and apps from one phone to another.
- LockIt: Protects your privacy by locking apps and settings with a code.
- ListenIt: A free music player and media library tool.
- CleanIt: An app that cleans your device, removes junk and manages your device.
- PlayIt: A free video player.
The ShareIt app works either online or offline. So if you need to send a file, you don’t need to have an active internet connection. The ShareIt app handles all the connections for you. If you’re offline, ShareIt will use Bluetooth or Direct Wi-Fi to transfer your stuff.
How to use ShareIt
NOTE – It’s best to disable your mobile data before the transfer. Otherwise, it may result in data charges based on your network carrier.
To enable mobile users to easily exchange documents and files, ShareIt is the most notable app. It’s cross-platform and easy to install, even on PC or Mac. You can share anything like apps, messages, settings, and other data files. Installing the app is as simple as downloading it from the App Store or Play Store. The PC version of ShareIt can be downloaded from this link.
There are a few small steps to use the app which are explained below:
- Download and install ShareIt from the following links: App Store | Google Play
- Once installed on both devices, open the app and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Set the sending device and the receiving device inside the app. This is located on the top bar once inside the app.
- Select the apps and data to transfer from the sending device.
- Ensure the receiving device shows a radar-like interface before you start the transfer.
- The transfer may take a while depending on the size and hardware of your device.
ShareIt will either use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Direct to complete the transfer.
We hope this guide has helped you to understand ShareIt. It’s one of the easiest apps to use, supports cross-platform and it’s completely free.