This video will show you how to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It includes the following:
- How to upgrade to Windows 10
- Windows 10 Installation Media Tool
- Windows 10 Setup
- Update & Backup
Upgrading and why you should do it
Windows 7 has officially entered into its End of Life phase this year, and it looks like Microsoft is still allowing people to do the upgrade from 7 to 10 for free. This means that you can get the Windows 10 OS without paying anything for the upgrade from Windows 7 if you have a genuine Windows 7 license key that is.
While Microsoft has ended support for Windows 7 on January 14, 2020 – the company has tried to make it easier for people to upgrade to Windows 10, rather than them sticking with Windows 7 because with ended support, comes no new patches or updates for the operating system – meaning there will be no security updates as well.
The only way that users can get the free upgrade, however, is by downloading and using the Windows Media Creation Tool. The user can select the upgrade option from there, enter the Windows license key, and soon have Windows 10 running for free.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10
- Download the Windows 10 Setup or Media Creation Tool to your PC.
- Ensure that there is enough space available on the computer before installation.
- Open up the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to install Windows 10.
- You’ll be asked whether or not you want to keep all of your personal files or start with a fresh Windows.
- Once the upgrade has been completed, you should have a new digital license for Windows 10, which is found under Settings > Update & Security > Activation
Windows 10 was first released on July 15, 2015. It was a public release, meaning that anyone could purchase it either digitally or go to a store to get a physical copy. The physical copies consisted of a box with a USB 3.0 installation thumb drive, and the unique Windows 10 serial number. The USB drives look like this, and if you have a USB 3.0 port, the installation will be faster than usual. See the following article on how to install Windows 10 via a USB drive: How to Install Windows 10 from USB drive
Windows 10 installation USB drive
Upgrading your PC shouldn’t be a difficult task, provided you know how to boot from the actual USB drive. You can get into the boot menu and select your USB drive, and the rest should be as simple as following the on-screen instructions and selecting your installation drive. Spam the F11 button before your PC boots. This ensures you get to the actual boot manager. Select your USB drive from the menu and your computer may ask you to “press any button to boot from the USB.”
Related Articles: How to Find Windows 10 Product Key | How to install Steam on Windows 10