This video will show you how to fix the webcam not working on your Mac. It includes the following:
- Camera not connected error
- Restart webcam service
Why is my Mac’s webcam not working?
In this article we discuss why your Mac’s camera is not functioning. Sometimes users encounter an error saying “Camera not connect”. This could be due to various reasons. The most common issue is the driver or service failed. You may think that Mac’s aren’t supposed to experience these issues. The truth is that they may have the same problems as Windows-based computers. The video shows your how to re-enable your camera without a restart. It’s the most proven method that works on Mac if your webcam isn’t working. If this didn’t help, follow the steps below to fix the problem:
- Make sure you have the latest software updates. Also ensure the latest MacOS updates are installed.
- Reset your system controller. Shut down the Mac and plug in the power adapter. Then hold Shift + Control + Options + Power button at the same time.
- Check your Privacy Settings for any conflicts. Grant permissions to your Mac’s webcam and it may work. Check this article on how to grant permissions.
- Run the Apple Diagnostics. Restart your Mac and hold D while it boots up. Select your language and wait for the test to complete.
- Reset NVRAM. Reboot your Mac while holding Option + Command + P + R.
- Scan your Mac for malware and reboot the system. Malware on your Mac may cause the webcam to not work.
- Reset your entire Mac to defaults as a last resort.
It’s worth mentioning. Try to connect an external webcam to your Mac. If it works then it means there is a problem with the camera itself. If none of the above has worked for you, take it to Apple to get fixed. The problem may be due to a hardware failure.
We hope this helped you solved the issues with your Mac’s webcam not working. For further assistance you can contact us via the website.